Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Angelo Pizza

Yes, I do realize that it has been over a month since I've updated my blog. But, you have to forgive me...I've spent much of the past month on several trips out of town, helping people move, helping fix up a house, and well, you get the point. Anyways, I hope to get back into the groove now that I'm home on a regular basis again.

We used to have a Buca di Beppo about 10 minutes down the road, until they tore it down and put another big chain restaurant there. It was one of those places that we'd pass by every time and say, "oh, we should go there sometime soon," but when it came time to choose a restaurant to go out to, we'd forget about it. I liked it...it wasn't my favorite, but it was pretty decent compared to most restaurants we have around here. Every time we went there, we ordered the same. exact. thing. We got chicken parmesan and...Angelo pizza! We'd always have a ton of leftovers, but chicken parmesan was non-negotiable for Mr. Z, and Angelo pizza was non-negotiable for me.

The other day, when I drove by where Buca di Beppo used to be, I thought about that pizza, and couldn't get the darn thing out of my head. I decided to attempt it on my own...and, oh my goodness, was this pizza amazing! It was even better than the Buca di Beppo version. I came up with this recipe up from what I remembered the pizza being.


Angelo Pizza
Original Recipe, idea from Buca di Beppo

Ingredients:
1 lb. ball of pizza dough
1/2 c. alfredo sauce (I used jarred sauce)
8 oz. Italian blend shredded cheese
4 oz. chicken breast, cooked and chopped into small pieces
1 c. frozen corn
1/2 c. baby bella mushrooms
2 slices prosciutto, chopped
1/2 medium potato, sliced very thin

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Pour corn on a cookie sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until it starts to brown, stirring halfway through.

Roll dough ball into a circle. Spread with alfredo sauce, leaving about 1/2" around the edges. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the pizza. Top with chicken, roasted corn, mushrooms, prosciutto, and potatoes. Bake on pizza stone for about 30 minutes, or until cheese starts to brown and get bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment