Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips

My aunt made this fruit salsa several months ago at a family get together, and I have not stopped thinking about it since! I gave her a call the other day to get the recipe so I could finally eat some of this again. It is a recipe that apparently her family has been passing around for quite a while now, so I'm not sure of the original source.

It took me over an hour (seriously!) to make this fruit salsa, but it could not be easier. And it was well worth the time. It also makes quite a bit- I have about half of it left still after a couple days. It's one of those recipes that gets better if it sits for a little while before eating...but, I certainly didn't let it sit before trying it. This recipe was the hit of the party when my aunt made it, and I'll definitely be using it for an upcoming party.


Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
from my aunt

Fruit Salsa
Ingredients:
1 lb. strawberries, diced into small pieces
2 kiwi, peeled and diced into small pieces
8 oz. raspberries, roughly chopped (I used frozen)
2 medium sized apples, peeled, cored, and diced into small pieces (I used Golden Delicious)
2 tbsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. brown sugar
3 tbsp. any flavor fruit preserves (I used raspberry because that's what I had)

Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir gently until well mixed.

Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
Ingredients:
10-10" flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
1/4 cinnamon sugar, more or less to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut tortillas into triangles (I cut 12 chips from each tortilla). Arrange on a cookie sheet, slightly overlapping each other. Spray generously with cooking spray and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the chips start to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment