Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lemon Pasta

It's a rare occasion that Mr. Z and I get to eat lunch together. On the slim chance that we do, it's usually something quick and easy like a sandwich. Today, Mr. Z had a pretty long morning, and I happened to be home at lunchtime, so I decided to make something a little more substantial than our normal sandwiches. I found this recipe a few days ago, and it sounded like a perfect dish for this time of year. Plus, I had all the ingredients on hand, which does not happen too often. It's not as heavy of a dish as most pastas are; it's more light and clean tasting. I loved it, but Mr. Z thought it was a little too lemony for his taste. Imagine that!


Lemon Pasta
from Telly's Tasty Tidbits, written as I made it

Ingredients:
1 lb. spaghetti (I used fettucine)
2/3 c. olive oil
2/3 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste
parsley, for garnish

Cook pasta in salted water until al dente. Meanwhile, mix olive oil, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and salt and pepper until well blended. Drain pasta, reserving 1 c. of the pasta water. Pour lemon juice mixture over pasta, then toss well. Add a little pasta water at a time until desired consistency (I only used about 1/2 c.). Garnish with pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment