Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Baked Apples

I've made these since...well, as long as I can remember. My dad taught me how to make these when I was younger, and since then, I've loved them. This probably isn't technically considered a recipe, but they are so good, I figured I'd share it anyway. This is such a simple dessert, but it does take a while in the oven, so I like to put it in right before we eat dinner. Some people like to put chopped walnuts and/or raisins in the center, which is good, but I prefer mine plain and simple, so no nuts or raisins in mine. In my mind, this is the perfect dessert (especially when paired with vanilla ice cream)!


Baked Apples

Original Recipe

Ingredients:
2 large Golden Delicious apples
1/4 c. dark brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tbsp. butter

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. With an apple corer or paring knife, cut out the cores of the apples, being careful not to cut all the way through the bottom. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Drop 1/4 tbsp. of butter into the hole of each apple. Fill the hole the rest of the way up with the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture, packing it in pretty tight. Top brown sugar mixture with 1/4 tbsp. of butter. Set apples on a pan or in a Pyrex dish. Bake for about 1 hour, or until apples start to split and get soft. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment