Monday, May 17, 2010

Bananas Foster

I've always loved bananas foster. I have ordered it as dessert at a restaurant more than my fair share of times. I've had it at parties and weddings. I eat it sometimes when my chef family member comes to visit. But it has always seemed too difficult to make. Especially when they light the rum on fire. No thanks.

The other night, I had a bunch of bananas and a craving for bananas foster. So I went on a hunt for an easy bananas foster recipe, preferably one that did not require me to light anything on fire. This recipe was really good, but in my opinion, tasted a little more rum-y than other bananas fosters that I've had...not that that is necessarily a bad thing, just different. I would definitely make this again!


Bananas Foster
from AllRecipes.com, written as I made it

Ingredients:
1/4 c. butter
2/3 c. dark brown sugar
3 1/2 tbsp. rum
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 bananas, peeled and chopped into small chunks
1/4 c. chopped walnuts

Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Stir in sugar, rum, vanilla, and cinnamon. Heat until mixture begins to bubble. Add bananas and walnuts and cook until bananas are hot. Serve over vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment