Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Creamy Ranch Turkey Pasta

My husband (I'll call him Mr. Z) and I have recently made a commitment to start eating healthier and exercising in order to get in better shape and just live an overall healthier life. I've gradually started subbing ground turkey and chicken breast for ground beef, using whole wheat instead of white, and using fat-free/low-fat/reduced fat over full-fat.

In trying to figure out what I could make with a package of ground turkey breast, I began browsing recipes in my Google Reader. I came across a recipe for Creamy Ranch Chicken Pasta that looked good, and decided that I could easily replace chicken with turkey. And boy, am I glad I did decide on this recipe...it was delicious!


Creamy Ranch Turkey Pasta
from Cooking This and That ,written as I made it

Ingredients:
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. precooked bacon pieces
1 lb. ground turkey breast
3 tbsp. flour
1 oz. pkg. dry Hidden ValleyRanch Dressing Mix
2 c. milk (I used skim)
1 c. frozen peas
12 oz. pkg. egg noodles (I used whole wheat)
parmesan cheese, for serving

Heat olive oil on medium-high heat and cook turkey until it starts to brown. Add milk, ranch dressing mix, flour, bacon, and peas; stir well. Let mixture cook until it starts bubbling, stirring occasionally.

Cook egg noodles according to package. Add noodles to sauce mixture and toss to coat all noodles. Garnish with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment