Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm new to this whole domesticity thing...

Let me introduce myself. I am Mrs. Z, a 20-something who is just starting to get the hang of this domesticity thing. I got married at the beginning of 2009. Before that, my idea of cooking was boiling the water for macaroni and cheese or ramen noodles, and sometimes I even messed that up. Since getting married, however, I have taken it upon myself to learn to cook. I have started reading cooking magazines, collecting recipes, and filling up my Google Reader with hundreds of cooking blogs. I'm learning. And, believe it or not, I am actually starting to enjoy cooking! But I think it's pretty safe to say that I am still a newbie. My husband and I have a rule in our house: you cook, I clean, or I cook, you clean. I hate cleaning. Therefore, I usually offer to cook. I don't always plan an elaborate meal (more like never), but it usually comes out decent, or at least edible!

The whole point of this blog is to share my adventures in becoming domestic, with a heavy focus on the cooking aspect. I am going to try out some new recipes, make some recipes up, and tweak some I already know. Along the way, I will try to make it as interesting as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment